Personal meetings for serious applicants
ou can spend a lot of money on an unsuccessful application, and end up right back where you started. Worse, you will also have a refusal on your record. That’s not what anyone wants. Our 30-minute consultation meetings are an opportunity for the many very serious people who want to have that first assessment of whether their application to come to Canada has a solid chance. This meeting will allow sufficient consultation time to determine if an application from you to visit, study, work or live in Canada, stands a good chance of success. You will learn what you need to do, or obtain, if you are not looking at a potentially successful application.
Upper Canada Immigration Consultants visits other countries from time to time. We paused our travel between 2020 and 2022 because of COVID, and the expense and difficulties of travel. We will resume our targeted visits to different countries moving forward.
Some points to remember:
- Each meeting will be 30 to 35 minutes in duration from start to finish. Our fee from you for the meeting basically recovers the cost of the room and facilities while we meet with you;
- The cost of each meeting is $50 USD. This cost is refunded back to you as a credit should you retain us to work on your case as your immigration consultant. U.S. cash is best, local currency equal to $50 USD, or your can pre-pay using PayPal or your credit card account;
- We are often gentle and informal with time in the nations of the Caribbean. On this occasion, however, you should be very punctual. Please plan to arrive at the hotel 15 to 20 minutes early. My assistant will spend some time with you before your meeting starts, collect your meeting fee, review your contact information, and any documents you may have brought. See below. Your meeting will start and end on time;
- We owe one another frankness and honesty. If your bid to come to Canada is not supported by evidence or substance, we will tell you so, and advise – as much as we can – what you should do to improve your chances. If you are a good prospect, we will set out the parameters of how we should work together;
- There will be a gentle knock on the door with five minutes to go in your meeting. My assistant will come in during the final few minutes to help us wrap up;
- We normally meet our guests throughout the morning and afternoon of our visits. We do our best to schedule you. Clearly, the better your case and the earlier you reserve your appointment, the more likely you will have a time that suits you;
- We will send the folks who have requested a meeting an invoice by e-mail. You can easily pay it with a Paypal account if you have one, or use your major credit card.
Information and documents to bring
- If you have previously been refused entry to Canada
- Bring any correspondence, decision, or paperwork from Canadian immigration authorities, and any other country you have tried to enter unsuccessfully as a resident or as a visitor;
- To apply to come to Canada as a skilled worker
- Bring your certificates, educational or training diplomas or other qualification documents.
- To enter Canada on a Visitor’s Visa
- Bring the contact information about your host in Canada, including: name; address; phone number, employment status.
- To study in Canada
- Bring information of what you plan to study, and to what institution(s) you may have applied.
- To re-unite with your spouse in Canada
- Bring information about the spouse in Canada: name; address; phone number; e-mail address; employment details and history.
- For an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)
- We need to see your departure documents, removal papers and other relevant correspondence.
What happens after your initial consultation?
The next step after this meeting is a decision by you to proceed with your application, based on our discussion with you of your chances of success. Let’s assume you are serious, and want Upper Canada Immigration Consultants to work with you.
- We will draft an Engagement Latter, in which you agree that Upper Canada Immigration will be retained to help you come to Canada, or resolve your issue;
- Your Retainer Agreement, once we agree on the scope of the work for you, will spell out what work will be performed in your case. We will ask for a retainer of our fee to conduct the work, and our joint task begins.
Coming to Canada is expensive and time-consuming. If you are serious about coming to build Canada and to live as a Canadian citizen, weigh the cost of getting to Canada against the value of a year or more of your life if you try without professional assistance and fail.
Leaving one’s country of origin is among life’s biggest steps, similar to education, the choice of a career or occupation, and marriage. This is a risk! You have to be serious about it. The best assurance of coming to Canada is a flawless application, complete documentation and getting everything done on time, every time, the first time. You will do it once in a lifetime. We do it all the time, know the pitfalls, and do excellent work on your behalf.